Why is my YouTube not working on Chrome? Clear Chrome’s cookies and cache. Avoid over-populating Chrome with unnecessary YouTube plug-ins. Frequently update your Chrome browser. Reset Chrome’s app data.
How do I get YouTube to play on Chrome?
- Open youtube.com on Google Chrome.
- After the page is loaded, tap on the vertical three-dots icon on the top-right and select Desktop site.
- Now search for any video and open it.
- On the next page, your video will automatically start playing.
Why is YouTube working but not playing? Reasons That YouTube Videos Won’t Play
Refreshing the page fixes the problem a lot of the time, but you may need to update your browser or clear the cache. Computer problems: Most computer problems that prevent YouTube from working require a simple restart. You may need to update your computer at the same time.
How do I fix video not playing on Chrome?
- Step 2: Check your extensions, plugins, cache & cookies.
- Step 3: Update Chrome.
- Step 4: Reset Chrome settings.
- Step 5: Reset your Internet connection.