What is an overlay advert on YouTube? A call-to-action (CTA) overlay is an interactive element that appears over an ad and can help drive clicks to your website. An overlay appears when the video starts, and collapses into a thumbnail image after 15 seconds. On desktop browsers, the CTA expands when viewers hover over it.
Should I use overlay ads on YouTube? Reach an even wider audience with in-video overlay ads
As the world’s second-largest social media platform, it makes sense to run ads on YouTube because you can reach an audience far beyond what most other platforms offer.
How do I put an overlay on my YouTube ads?
How do I stop YouTube overlay ads?
- Log in to YouTube.
- Click your profile picture, then go to YouTube Studio.
- Click Continue and select Videos from the left menu.
- Select the video for which you want to turn off any ads.
- Click Monetization in the left menu.
- In the Monetization box click Off.