What are the most common AC problems?
5 Most Common Air Conditioning Problems
- #1) AC Not Working at All. When your air conditioning unit unexpectedly shuts down with no warning (no air blowing, motor not running, etc.)
- #2) Your AC Is Blowing Warm or Hot Air.
- #3) You’ve Got a Leaky Unit.
- #4) Uneven Temperature Distribution.
- #5) Your AC Is Loud.
How do I reset my air conditioning unit?
How do you reset your AC unit?
- Turn off your air conditioning system using the thermostat.
- Search for the breaker box.
- Shut off your AC unit at the breaker.
- Wait at least a full minute before switching the breaker back to the “on” position.
- Wait for 30 minutes before turning your unit back on at the thermostat.
What do you do if your AC stops blowing cold air?
If your AC stops blowing cold air, here are a few things that might be able to help.
- Change the Dirty Air Filter. The filter needs to be clean for your AC to work properly.
- Unblock a Blocked Condenser.
- Have Low Refrigerant Replaced.
How do you troubleshoot an air conditioner?
DIY Air Conditioner Repair Tips
- Check your breaker. If the unit won’t come on at all your breaker could have tripped.
- Examine your thermostat. This is another part of the system that can cause you dollars and distress.
- Change your filter.
- Melt any ice.
- Give it a good cleaning.
- Examine your ducts.