How do you get automatic captions on YouTube?
- Go to YouTube.
- From the top right, click Create Go live.
- Choose Stream from the left-hand menu.
- Within stream settings, turn on Closed captions.
- Choose “Automatic captions” as the captions source.
- Select your video language.
Why is YouTube turning captions on automatically? Captions (subtitles) are available on videos where the owner has added them, and on some videos where YouTube automatically adds them.
How do I stop YouTube from automatically playing captions?
How do I turn off live captioning?
- On your device, open Settings .
- Tap Sound. Live Caption.
- Under Settings, you can find or change these settings: Turn Live Caption on or off. Hide or show profanity. Hide or show sound labels, such as laughter and applause. Hide or show the Live Caption icon in volume control.