How do I transcribe a YouTube video for free?
- Log into YouTube Studio.
- Select ‘Subtitles’ from the left-hand menu.
- Select the video to which you want to enable or edit subtitles.
- From the ‘Subtitles’ section, click the three dots.
- Review the text and edit whatever is inaccurate or unnecessary.
How do I convert YouTube transcripts to Word? Highlight your mouse over the text, then click and drag downwards in the caption box to highlight all of the text. Then, copy the text and paste it into a Word document by right clicking in the document and choosing Paste as Plain Text.
Can I get a transcript of a YouTube video? On a desktop or laptop, head on over to YouTube.com in a web browser such as Google Chrome and open a video to watch. Next, click the three-dot menu icon underneath the title of the video. Select “Show Transcript” from the menu. The transcript box will open and you’ll see the captions listed along with timestamps.
How do I convert video to text?
- Choose a file to upload. Drag & drop your video files into VEED – or try one of our sample videos.
- Transcribe from video to text. Click ‘Subtitles’ and then ‘Auto Transcribe’, then hit the ‘Start’ button.
- Download Text.