How do I get English subtitles on YouTube?
- Tap the three-dot menu in the upper right corner. Tap the vertical three dots in the upper right. Michelle Greenlee/Business Insider.
- Tap the CC icon, or Captions, in the menu. Select Captions in the menu.
- Select the type of captioning you prefer. Choose your captions preferences.
How do I put subtitles on YouTube without CC?
To turn captions on or off by default:
- Go to your Account Setting Page.
- Select Playback.
- Under captions, check or uncheck the “Always show captions” box and/or “Show automatic captions by speech recognition (when available)” box.
Can you subtitle a YouTube video?
Why do some YouTube videos not have CC? YouTube plans to discontinue its community captions feature, which allowed viewers to add subtitles to videos, because it was “rarely used and had problems with spam/abuse,” the company announced.