Does YouTube do auto captioning? YouTube can use speech recognition technology to automatically create captions for your videos. Note: These automatic captions are generated by machine learning algorithms, so the quality of the captions may vary. We encourage creators to add professional captions first.
Does YouTube do live captioning? To add captions to your live stream, you need to send captions to YouTube. The captions can either be embedded in the video or sent through supported software that can send captions over HTTP POSTs. Create your Event as you normally would. You must be using the YouTube Live platform.
How do you do captions on YouTube?
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Subtitles.
- Click the video that you’d like to edit.
- Click ADD LANGUAGE and select your language.
- Under subtitles, click ADD.
Is YouTube closed captioning free?